• Jacobs compiled 23 points (5-18—23) and a plus-36 rating (fifth in the United States Hockey League) in 2013-14 to help Indiana win the Clark Cup as USHL champions. Under the direction of head coach Jeff Brown, a 13-year NHL veteran, Indiana captured the title one season after a last-place finish.
• Jacobs, who grew up approximately 30 miles north of Detroit in Shelby Township, has committed to Michigan State University for the fall of 2014.
• He won a gold medal with Team USA at the 2013 World Junior A Challenge and also served as an assistant captain for the U.S. at the 2012 Youth Olympic Games, where he recorded three assists in six contests.
• Jacobs aims to model his game after former Ice defenseman and current Boston Bruins standout Torey Krug: “I look up to Torey Krug a lot. I’ve gotten a couple chances to talk to Torey, he just has a lot of great things to say and good advice for me.” Other notable Indiana graduates are Carolina Hurricanes defenseman John-Michael Liles and Detroit Red Wings forward Justin Abdelkader.
• He played minor hockey with the Belle Tire organization in Detroit, posting 28 points (9-19—28) in 2010-11 as the team captured the Midwest Elite Hockey League title. In 2011-12, Jacobs joined the Honeybaked under-16 team, totaling 17 points (3-14—17) in 24 games.
NHL team: Detroit Red Wings NHL player: Nicklas Lidstrom Shootout move: “Kick back leg, shoot top right” Goal celebration: “Sword back into the holster” Video game: NHL 14 Movie: The Blindside TV show: Friday Night Lights Actor: Gerard Butler Musician: Luke Bryan, Carrie Underwood Website: Spotify Sport (other than hockey): Golf, Volleyball Athlete (non-hockey): Phil Mickelson