• Bennett was named the Frontenacs’ finalist for the Red Tilson Trophy, awarded to the Ontario Hockey League’s most outstanding player, after a breakout 2013-14 season that saw him lead Kingston and finish ninth in the OHL with 91 points in 57 games (36-55—91).
• A two-time gold medalist, Bennett was an assistant captain on Canada’s gold-medal team at the 2013 Ivan Hlinka Memorial, scoring the semifinal-winning goal against Russia. He also captured gold as the second-youngest member of Team Canada at the 2013 Under-18 World Championship, registering 2-5—7 in seven games. Bennett earlier represented Team Ontario at the 2013 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge, posting 3-3—6 in five games.
• He finished the 2012-13 OHL season among the top 10 in rookie scoring (18-22—40 in 60 games), earning OHL All-Rookie Second Team honors.
• Bennett wears No. 93 as a tribute to his father’s favorite player Doug Gilmour, who also is his general manager in Kingston.
• If he wasn’t playing hockey, Bennett would be on the slopes: “I’d probably say something like maybe snowboarding, downhill skiing, something with jumps.”
NHL team: Toronto Maple Leafs NHL player: Steven Stamkos Shootout move: “Backhand, Forehand, Shelf” Goal celebration: “Arms up” Video game: NHL 14 Movie: Step Brothers TV show: Suits Actor: Will Ferrell Most played song: ‘That’s My Kind of Night’ by Luke Bryan Website: NHL.com Sport (other than hockey): Football, Volleyball Twitter follow: @TipsForYouDaily