• Compher will attend the University of Michigan this fall, following in the footsteps of his grandfather, Richard Meyer, who played collegiate basketball for the Wolverines.
• Compher was Team USA’s second-leading scorer (3-4--7 in seven games) at the 2013 Under-18 Championship, helping the team win silver. He also was the second-leading scorer (4-7--11 in six games) at the 2012 Under-17 World Hockey Challenge, again leading Team USA to a second-place finish.
• Compher won gold at the 2012 Under-18 World Championship as the youngest player on Team USA and contributed five points (2-3--5) in six games, including a goal in the final.
• In 2011, just before Compher moved to Ann Arbor, Mich., to play with the National Team Development Program, his father, Bob, was diagnosed with prostate cancer. After his father’s successful surgery and inspired by the support his family received, Compher decided to help raise funds at a NTDP game to benefit prostate cancer awareness: "I wanted to do something. There was so much support from all my friends and everyone in the town.”
• One little-known fact about Compher is that he modeled as a toddler.
NHL team: Chicago Blackhawks NHL player: Jonathan Toews Shootout move: “Snap shot low short-side” Goal celebration: “One knee, fist pump” Video game: NHL 13 Movie: Mystery, Alaska TV shows: Friday Night Lights, Entourage Actor: Vince Vaughn Music group: Zac Brown Band Website: NHL.com Pump-up song: “Can’t Hold Us” by Macklemore Home-cooked meal: Steak with sweet potato fries and Caesar salad