|Final Rank:||62||Midterm Rank:|
|Born:||June 19, 1989|
|Born in:||Orange, CA, USA|
(4th Round / 99th Overall)
- PLAYER PAGE|
- Finished second in the WHL scoring race, one point behind Mark Santorelli, with 100 points (31-69--100) in 2007-08.
- Was named the WHL Player of the Month for December after recording 23 points (9-14--23) including a +6 rating in 12 games
- Played on his first hockey team for the Costa Mesa Blue Sharks, playing his minor hockey career for Costa Mesa and the California Wave.
- He got his start in hockey at the age of three when Wayne Gretzky got traded to Los Angeles – “when the Kings made their run in 1993 I really got into it."
- Patterns his game after Detroit’s Henrik Zetterberg – “he is a smaller guy but is very smart and sees plays that other guys don’t."
- Credits his coach Jack Bowkus for having had the most influence on his career – “he pushed me extremely hard and convinced me to come to the WHL."
- The best advice he has ever received was from his best friend Dave Pittaway who is currently touring with the Marines in Iraq – “we’re not here for a long time so make the best of it."
- He wears a head band from Japan for good luck before the games and his most memorable hockey moment was reaching 100 points in 2007-08 – “I worked very hard to get there and the fans were very supportive."
- His most embarrassing hockey moment was forgetting one of his skates and having to wear one that was too big along with one of his own.
- If he could invite any three people to dinner he would choose: John Lennon – “my favorite musician”, Franklin D Roosevelt – “for the great things he accomplished” and Hunter Thompson – “my favorite author.
- If he could be in any one movie he would choose the Big Lebowksi and the most embarrassing song on his iPod is the “Hamster song” by Hampton and the Hamster.
NHL Team: Anaheim Ducks
NHL Player: Igor Larionov
Shootout move: Slapshot
Goal celebration: “Dropping the stick and trying to levitate it”
Practice Drill: Horse Shoe
Video Game: NHL 08
Movie: Easy Rider
TV Show: Chef Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares
Actor/Actress: Clint Eastwood and Uma Thurman
Artist: Bob Dylan
Pump-up song: “Call On Me” by Eric Prydz
Food to cook: Omelettes
Sport (other than hockey): Basketball
Activity away from the rink: Surfing
Toy growing up: Teenage mutant ninja turtles action figures
Place to shop: Swap meet
Place to visit: San Francisco
Here's your chance to win tickets to the 2013 NHL Draft at Prudential Center on June 30th!
ENTER NOW ›
NHL.com is the official web site of the National Hockey League. NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup, Center Ice name and logo, NHL Conference logos and NHL Winter Classic name are registered trademarks and Vintage Hockey word mark and logo, Live Every Shift, Hot Off the Ice, The Game Lives Where You Do, NHL Power Play, NHL Winter Classic logo, NHL Heritage Classic name and logo, NHL GameCenter Live, NHL Network, NHL Mobile name and logo, NHL Radio, NHL Awards name and logo, Hockey Fights Cancer, NHL All-Access Vancouver name and logo, NHL Ice Time, Ice Time Any Time, Ice Tracker and Questions Will Become Answers are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. © NHL 2012. All Rights Reserved. All NHL team jerseys customized with NHL players' names and numbers are officially licensed by the NHL and the NHLPA. The Zamboni word mark and configuration of the Zamboni ice resurfacing machine are registered trademarks of Frank J. Zamboni & Co., Inc. © Frank J. Zamboni & Co., Inc. 2012. All Rights Reserved.