• Knight led all rookies and finished eighth in the Alberta Junior Hockey League with 72 points (34-38-72) in 61 games. He also finished tied for third in playoff goals (10), despite Okotoks being knocked out in the second round.
• He will attend the University of North Dakota in the fall of 2010.
• He first started skating at the age of two when his dad took him to an outdoor rink in Saskatchewan and his first hockey team was the Torrington Raptors.
• If he could have dinner with any three people he would invite: Sidney Crosby, Don Cherry and Paul Henderson – “all three of these men are people I admire and respect”.
• His most embarrassing hockey moment was losing an exhibition game to the Canadian Women’s National Team and his pre-game routines include always being the first one to the arena and wearing a hat while taping his stick in seat nine in the stands.
NHL Team: Vancouver Canucks NHL Player: Sidney Crosby Shootout move: “Fake shot, back hand, forehand” Movie: The Rocket and Batman TV Show: Hockey Night in Canada, The O.C. Actor: Adam Brody Book: The Bible Pump-up song: “Big Leagues” by Tom Cochrane Home cooked meal: Roast beef and mashed potatoes Activity away from the rink: Camping and Street Hockey
It was kind of touching. I didn't know really what to expect. I'm very appreciative and thankful for the people that supported me in my time here ... as I said, we'll move back to the area at some point in our life.
— Toronto coach Randy Carlyle on the video tribute and ovation he received in his first game back in Anaheim, a 3-1 win for the Maple Leafs