• Panik represented Slovakia at the 2009 World Junior Championships, recording five points (2-3-5) in seven games helping lead Slovakia to a fourth place finish. Beating the U.S. 5-3 is his most memorable hockey moment.
• He also played for Slovakia at the 2008 Under-18 World Championships leading his team in scoring and finishing tied for third overall with 10 points (4-6-10) in six games.
• Panik started to play hockey when he was nine years old -- “the coach, Frantisek Mrukvia, was looking for some new kids for a hockey team in my hometown. He found me at school and then I tried to play and liked it immediately.” He credits Mrukvia for having the most influence on his career for starting him in the game and enabling his career.
• He patterns his game after Washington’s Alex Ovechkin because “he is a great sniper.”
• Panik’s most memorable international hockey moment watched was the World Hockey Championships in Riga, Latvia because of the atmosphere and caliber of players participating.
• His pre-game skate-tying superstition includes tying his left skate before his right skater -- “it brings me happiness in the match”.
NHL Team: San Jose Sharks NHL Player: Marian Hossa Shootout Move: Shot Movie: The Longest Yard TV Show: The Simpsons Actor: Adam Sandler Music Group: Rise Against Website: Facebook.com Pump-up Song: “Slam” by Pendulum Pre-game meal: Pasta