• Panik represented Slovakia at the 2009 World Junior Championships, recording five points (2-3-5) in seven games helping lead Slovakia to a fourth place finish. Beating the U.S. 5-3 is his most memorable hockey moment.
• He also played for Slovakia at the 2008 Under-18 World Championships leading his team in scoring and finishing tied for third overall with 10 points (4-6-10) in six games.
• Panik started to play hockey when he was nine years old -- “the coach, Frantisek Mrukvia, was looking for some new kids for a hockey team in my hometown. He found me at school and then I tried to play and liked it immediately.” He credits Mrukvia for having the most influence on his career for starting him in the game and enabling his career.
• He patterns his game after Washington’s Alex Ovechkin because “he is a great sniper.”
• Panik’s most memorable international hockey moment watched was the World Hockey Championships in Riga, Latvia because of the atmosphere and caliber of players participating.
• His pre-game skate-tying superstition includes tying his left skate before his right skater -- “it brings me happiness in the match”.
NHL Team: San Jose Sharks NHL Player: Marian Hossa Shootout Move: Shot Movie: The Longest Yard TV Show: The Simpsons Actor: Adam Sandler Music Group: Rise Against Website: Facebook.com Pump-up Song: “Slam” by Pendulum Pre-game meal: Pasta
NHL GameCenter LIVE™ is now NHL.TV™.
Watch out-of-market games and replays with an all new redesigned media player, mobile and connected device apps.
Introducing the new official NHL App, available for iPhone, iPad and Android smartphones and tablets. A host of new features and improved functionality are available across all platforms, including a redesigned league-wide scoreboard, expanded news coverage, searchable video highlights, individual team experiences* and more. The new NHL App on your tablet also introduces new offerings such as 60fps video, Multitasking** and Picture-in-Picture.
*Available only for smartphones
** Available only for suported iPads