• In 2008-09, Stajcer posted 15 wins (15-15-3-2), a 3.57 goals-against average and a .906 save percentage in his first full season with Owen Sound – he was named to the Second All-Rookie Team.
• He played on his first hockey team, the Hespler Shamrocks, at the age of five after his two older brothers got him into being a goalie – “they would tape pads on me and stick me in the net and shoot at me. I guess that's how I started. Ever since then I've been a goalie.”
• Stajcer patterns his game after Roberto Luongo and Steve Mason and his childhood hockey hero was Patrick Roy “because he loved to win and had a great passion for the game”.
• Piero Greco and his parents have had the most influence on his career, Greco for helping him improve his game and his parents for their support.
• He wears number 40 for its uniqueness and his pre-game superstitions include always putting his left side of his gear on before the right side.
NHL Team: Detroit Red Wings and Montreal Canadiens NHL Player: Roberto Luongo Video game: NHL ‘09 Movie: Good Luck Chuck TV Show: King of Queens Actor: Vince Vaughn Book: They Don’t Play Hockey in Heaven Pump up song: Get back in here” by Ludacris Sport (other than hockey): Basketball Place to visit: Croatia Home cooked meal: Steak with roasted potatoes and caesar salad Superhero: Batman
It was kind of touching. I didn't know really what to expect. I'm very appreciative and thankful for the people that supported me in my time here ... as I said, we'll move back to the area at some point in our life.
— Toronto coach Randy Carlyle on the video tribute and ovation he received in his first game back in Anaheim, a 3-1 win for the Maple Leafs