• Schroeder, finished second on the Gophers with 45 points (13-32-45) in 35 games in 2008-09, and fourth in the NCAA with a 1.30 points per game average. He was the only freshman in the top 50 in scoring.
• For his successful freshman year, he was named the Western Collegiate Hockey Association’s Rookie of the Year, the College Hockey News National Rookie of the Year, the Minnesota Gophers Rookie of the Year and to the All-WCHA Second Team.
• Represented Team USA for the second time at the 2009 World Junior Championships leading the team in scoring with 11 points and tied for second in the tournament with eight assists in six games -- he scored points in each of the six games and became Team USA’s all-time World Junior assists leader with 15, surpassing the record of 14 previously held by NY Islanders forward Doug Weight.
• Prior to attending the University of Minnesota, Schroeder competed for the U.S. Under-18 National Team Development Program for two seasons, leading the team in scoring in 2007-08 with 53 points (21-31-53) in 55 games.
• In 2005-06 he played for St. Thomas Academy, helping the team to a 23-5-1 record and the Class A state championship with 62 points in 31 games.
• At the age of four he began playing hockey in the neighborhood and his first organized hockey team was the Lakeville Mites.
• He wears the number 19 because his favorite number, nine, originates from his birthday (9/29/90) and his pre-game superstition is to put the right side of his gear on first.
• Falling over and cutting himself, after body checking a dummy in a forechecking drill is his most embarrassing hockey moment and if he wasn’t playing hockey he would be a pro golfer or an agent.
NHL Player: Marc Savard Shootout move: Fake shot, five hole Goal celebration:"The one hand drag with finger flip, on one knee" Video game: Halo 3 Movie: The Pursuit of Happyness TV Show: That 70's show Actor: Mark Wahlberg Artist: Akon Book: Hatchet by Gary Paulsen Pump up song: "Bawitdaba" by Kid Rock Home cooked meal: Walleye Sport (other than hockey): Golf Activity away from the rink: Xbox 360 Place to shop: Polo Ralph Lauren Place to visit: Hawaii
U OF MINNESOTA
NHL GameCenter LIVE™ is now NHL.TV™.
Watch out-of-market games and replays with an all new redesigned media player, mobile and connected device apps.
Introducing the new official NHL App, available for iPhone, iPad and Android smartphones and tablets. A host of new features and improved functionality are available across all platforms, including a redesigned league-wide scoreboard, expanded news coverage, searchable video highlights, individual team experiences* and more. The new NHL App on your tablet also introduces new offerings such as 60fps video, Multitasking** and Picture-in-Picture.
*Available only for smartphones
** Available only for suported iPads