• Playing in his third Ontario Hockey League season, Pasquale ranked sixth in the league with 32 wins in 61 games and ninth overall with a .911 save percentage in 2008-09. He also represented Saginaw at the 2009 Top Prospects event and the 2009 OHL All-Star Classic this season.
• The Toronto, Ontario native got his start as a goalie because his older brother and cousin used to always put him in the net during road hockey. His cousin, Mike Rice, played four years in the OHL for Brampton, Oshawa and Erie.
• He wears number 40 because Andy Chiodo wore it when he played for the Toronto St. Michael’s Majors and his childhood hockey hero was Curtis Joseph.
• Pasquale learned to skate at the age of eight and credits his parents and goalie coach for having the biggest influence on his career.
• If he could invite any three people to dinner he would choose: Cristobal Huet, Carey Price – “to learn about their goalie careers” and Will Ferrell – “because he’s funny”.
NHL Team: Toronto Maple Leafs NHL Player: Cristobal Huet Shootout move: “Pavel’s move on Turco last year” Goal celebration: “Ovechkin’s” Video game: NHL ‘09 Movie: The Dark Knight TV Show: Family Guy Actor: Will Ferrell Cartoon: Simpsons Website: Ontario Hockey League Book: Goalie World Pump up song: “Bleed it Out” by Linkin Park Restaurant: Hello Sushi Sport (other than hockey): Golf Breakfast food: Cereal Superhero: Batman
I've been getting frustrated lately, and the only thing keeping me sane was the team winning and other people stepping up and scoring. Then you just kind of let it go and realize you can end the series with one shot, that frustration goes away for a brief moment, and that's what happened.
— Montreal forward Max Pacioretty after scoring the series-winner in Game 4 -- his first career playoff goal -- to eliminate the Lightning and send the Canadiens into the second round