• In his second full season in the Alberta Junior Hockey League, Olsen led Camrose defensemen in scoring with 10 goals (10-19-29) in 53 games and was selected to the CJHL Prospects game. He has committed to the University of Minnesota-Duluth for 2009.
• As a member of Team Canada at the 2009 Under-18 IIHF World Championships, he had four points (2-2-4) and was a plus-four in six games. Olsen also represented Team Canada West at the 2008 World Junior ‘A’ Challenge and Team Pacific at the 2008 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge.
• In 2007-08, he helped anchor a defensive corps on the Camrose Kodiaks that won the 2008 AJHL championship, the 2008 Doyle Cup (a best-of-seven series against the BCHL champion) before losing in the final of the Canadian Junior ‘A’ championship to the Humboldt Broncos (Saskatchewan).
• His father, Darryl, was drafted by the Calgary Flames in 1985 (185th overall) before playing four years at Northern Michigan University (1985-89) as well as several stops in the IHL, AHL and Europe. He appeared in one game for the Flames during the 1991-92 season.
• The Salt Lake City native’s first hockey team was in Ortisei, Italy where his dad was playing for Val Gardena HC. He names is dad as his childhood idol -- “he knew what it took to win, was a leader on and off the ice and that’s who I try and model my game after”.
• He got his start in hockey at the age of two – “I was on my roller blades all the time and would never want to take them off”.
NHL Team: Calgary Flames NHL Player: Scott Stevens Shootout move: “Fake forehand, go backhand top glove” Goal celebration: “Original – arms up in the air” Video game: Call of Duty 5 Movie: Slap Shot TV Show: TSN Actor: Will Ferrell Website: Facebook Book: The Psychology of Winning by Denis Waitley Pump-up song: Something techno Home cooked meal: Chicken, steak and pasta Sport (other than hockey): Golf or Baseball