• O'Reilly finished the season with 50 assists (16-50-66) in 68 games as Erie finished seventh in the OHL Western Conference and made the playoffs for the first time since 2005.
• After being the first overall selection in the 2007 OHL draft, he had a solid rookie season, recording 52 points (19-33-52) and was named the team’s Rookie of the Year and Most Sportsmanlike Player in 2007-08.
• Hockey runs in the O’Reilly family -- his older brother, Cal, was a 2005 fifth-round pick of the Nashville Predators and had five points (3-2-5) in an 11-game NHL stint in 2008-09, while his sister, Tara, is captain of the Carleton University women’s hockey team.
• He represented Team Canada at the 2009 Under-18 World Championships, won gold at the 2008 Ivan Hlinka Memorial tournament and served as team captain of Team Ontario at the World Under-17 Hockey Challenge.
• Growing up, his parents were volunteers with the Children's Aid Society of Ontario and served as foster parents. As many as eight children lived in the O'Reilly home -- Ryan, his brother, two sisters and four foster children. He was given the nickname 'Snook' (an Irish word for mischievous kid) because there were often other boys named Ryan in the family.
• The Varna, Ontario native played his minor hockey with the Huron Perth Lakers and the Toronto Junior Canadiens and lists Tate Phillips as his favorite minor hockey coach.
O'REILLY FOSTERING ATTENTION IN THIS YEAR'S DRAFT
“Fake snapper, backhand under the bar.”
“Whatever comes to me.”
Socom Bravo II
Monty Python, Holy Grail and Peaceful Warrior
Making the Cut
Path of the Peaceful Warrior
“Live your life” by Rihanna
Sport (other than hockey):
Almond M & M’s