|Final Rank:||6||Midterm Rank:||8|
|Born:||November 19, 1990|
|Born in:||Chicago, IL, USA|
(1st Round / 21st Overall)
- PLAYER PAGE|
• After finishing fourth overall in scoring by defensemen with 39 points (14-25-39) in 57 games in 2008-09, Moore was name the USHL Defenseman of the Year and enters the Draft as the highest ranked USHL player by Central Scouting.
• Won a gold medal with Team USA at the 2008 World Junior ‘A’ Challenge, adding two assists in five games in his first international hockey experience.
• After two seasons with the Chicago Steel, Moore will attend Colorado College in the fall of 2009.
• He has lived and played in Illinois his whole career, skating for the first time at the age of two and playing on his first hockey team in the Winnetka Park District House League. Before playing for the Steel in the USHL, he also played for the Chicago Young Americans and the Chicago Mission.
• Moore’s childhood idol was Sergei Fedorov – “I just love the way he played the game and he was fun to watch” and if he could invite any three people to dinner he would choose Washington’s Mike Green, Tiger Woods and actor Will Ferrell.
• His pre-game ritual includes: “playing two-touch with the soccer ball before every game. The whole team gets involved and it gets intense”.
MOORE'S SKATING IS HIS STRENGTH
Washington defenseman Mike Green
“Bow and Arrow”
The Great Gatsby
Pump up song:
“Thunderstruck” by ACDC
Sport (other than hockey):
Place to visit:
NHL.com is the official web site of the National Hockey League. NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup, Center Ice name and logo, NHL Conference logos and NHL Winter Classic name are registered trademarks and Vintage Hockey word mark and logo, Live Every Shift, Hot Off the Ice, The Game Lives Where You Do, NHL Power Play, NHL Winter Classic logo, NHL Heritage Classic name and logo, NHL GameCenter Live, NHL Network, NHL Mobile name and logo, NHL Radio, NHL Awards name and logo, Hockey Fights Cancer, NHL All-Access Vancouver name and logo, NHL Ice Time, Ice Time Any Time, Ice Tracker and Questions Will Become Answers are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. © NHL 2012. All Rights Reserved. All NHL team jerseys customized with NHL players' names and numbers are officially licensed by the NHL and the NHLPA. The Zamboni word mark and configuration of the Zamboni ice resurfacing machine are registered trademarks of Frank J. Zamboni & Co., Inc. © Frank J. Zamboni & Co., Inc. 2012. All Rights Reserved.