• In only his first year with Drummondville, Kulikov led all defensemen with 62 points (12-50-62) in 57 games and was named the 2008-09 Defensive Rookie of the Year, the Rookie of the Year, the Best Professional Prospect and Defenseman of the Year by the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
• As a member of Team Russia at the 2009 World Junior Championships, he recorded four assists (0-4-4) helping Russia win the bronze medal. He has twice represented Russia at the Under-18 World Championships, winning silver in 2008 and gold in 2007.
• He played his first five years of hockey, starting at the age of six for Lipetsk, Russia before playing for Yaroslavl, Russia.
• If he could invite anyone to dinner he would choose NHL defensemen Andrei Markov and Sergei Gonchar.
• His nickname is “Kuli” and he wears number 29 because of his birthday.
NHL Team: Detroit Red Wings NHL Player: Montreal’s Andrei Markov Movie: American Pie Actress: Angelina Jolie Artist: Timati (Russian) Website: Vkontakte.ru Book: The Master and Margarita Pump up song: “Animals Ground” by Nickelback Home cooked meal: Borsch Sport (other than hockey): Soccer, Basketball Activity away from the rink: Training Place to shop: The Mall at St. Bruno, Montreal Place to visit: Greece
We were thinking about Rich back home, but I thought we did a great job getting mentally ready for this game. We're still in a big playoff push and we found a way to get two points. It's not easy. It hit our guys pretty good [Monday] night. We did a great job as a group.
— Dallas captain Jamie Benn on the Stars' OT victory against the St. Louis Blues the night after Rich Peverley collapsed on the bench