• Kane finished third on the Vancouver Giants in playoff scoring with 15 points (7-8-15) in 17 games. The Giants lost to the Kelowna Rockets, falling just short of the WHL Western Conference championship.
• After a successful rookie season of 41 points in 2007-08, including 24 goals in 65 games and a nomination for WHL Rookie of the Year, Kane doubled his goal production (48) and totaled 96 points (48-48-96) in 61 games to rank second in the WHL.
• This season, Kane was named to the WHL Western Conference First All-Star Team and competed in the 2009 CHL Top Prospects game playing on a line with Brampton center Matt Duchene and Victoriaville forward Andrej Nestrasil.
• He won a gold medal with Team Canada at the 2009 World Junior Championships recording six points (2-4-6), including two assists in Canada’s 6-5 semi-final win over Russia. Kane was initially cut from the 2009 roster, but joined the team a few days before the tournament, replacing injured forward Dana Tyrell.
• The World Junior gold medal was his second international gold in six months as he was also a member of Canada’s Under-18 team that captured gold at the Memorial of Ivan Hlinka tournament in Piestany, Slovakia.
• Appearing in eight regular season and five playoff games, Kane was a member of the Memorial Cup winning Vancouver Giants in 2006 as a 16-year-old. He played four years with the Northshore Winter Club and one season with the Vancouver Canadiens before joining the WHL.
• Credits his parents for having the most influence on his career – “they have both pushed me to be the best and have supported me on and off the ice”. His father, Perry, played hockey for St. Francis Xavier University (Canadian University) and his mom, Sheri, played professional volleyball.
• He first played organized hockey at the age of eight with the Vancouver Thunderbirds, but skated for the first time at four – “My dad has worked with me since I was four, building my skills before I started to play”.
• He was named after professional boxer Evander Holyfield – a favorite boxer of both his dad and grandfather.
NHL Team: Vancouver Canucks NHL Player: Alex Ovechkin and Jarome Iginla Shootout move: "Forehand, backhand, back to forehand" Goal Celebration: "Jaromir Jagr’s kiss the glove and salute." Video game: NHL '09 Movie: Dark Knight TV Show: King of Queens Actor/Actress: Kevin James and Megan Fox Cartoon: Bugs Bunny Website: WHL.ca Book: Harry Potter Pump up song: "Riot maker" by Tech N9ne Restaurant: Milestones Sport (other than hockey): Soccer Activity away from the rink: Video games Breakfast food: Waffles (Homemade) Superhero: Batman