• In 2008-09, Hutchings led his team with 34 goals, 68 points and a plus-27 rating in his third season in the Ontario Hockey League – he was selected to the Eastern Conference All-Star team for the second consecutive year for his efforts.
• In the 2009 playoffs, he scored seven goals, tying for the team lead, in the opening round against Mississauga St. Michael’s Majors.
• After only recording five points (1-4-5) in his 16-year-old rookie season in 2006-07, he burst out for Barrie scoring 29 goals (29-25-54) in 68 games in 2007-08.
• Nicknamed “Hutch”, he got his start in hockey, after learning to rollerblade at the age of four, playing in his first and only minor hockey association, the Burlington Eagles, shortly thereafter.
• His childhood hockey idol was Steve Yzerman – “I love the way he could skate and shoot” and if he could invite any three people to dinner he would choose Mike Richards, Steve Yzerman and Mario Lemieux.
• If he could be any celebrity for a day he would be Keith Urban and his favorite piece of sports memorabilia is the puck that he scored his first OHL goal with.
NHL Team: Detroit Red Wings NHL Player: Mike Richards Shootout move: “Fake shot, backhand shelf” Goal celebration: “One arm in the air” Video game: NHL ‘09 Movie: Dazed and Confused Actor: Denzel Washington Cartoon: Family Guy Website: Facebook.com Book: The Game Pump up song: “Let it Rock” by Kevin Rudolf Restaurant: The Keg Sport (other than hockey): Golf Snack: Fruit Cups Place to visit: Cottage Superhero: Spiderman