• In 2008-09, Erixon played most of the season with Skelleftea AIK in the Swedish Elite League. Against much older competition, he had seven points (2-5-7) and was a plus-five in 45 games.
• In international play, his season was highlighted by a strong showing at the 2009 World Junior Championships, where he helped Sweden win silver. Erixon was also named to the All-Star team at the 2009 Under-18 World Championship after recording nine points (3-6-9) in six games with Sweden, finishing fifth.
• His father, Jan Erixon, was taken in the second round (30th overall) of the 1981 Entry Draft and joined the Rangers at the start of the 1983-84 season. In 10 seasons, he had 57 goals and 216 points in 556 NHL games.
• He was born in Port Chester, New York before moving back to Sweden and playing on his first hockey team in his hometown of Skelleftea at the age of five.
• He patterns his game after Detroit Red Wings’ defenseman Nicklas Lidstrom and he credits his dad for having the most influence on his career – “he has been my coach for a big part of my career. He has been helpful with his NHL experience”.
• Winning gold at the Ivan Hlinka Memorial tournament in 2007 is one of his most memorable hockey moments.
NHL Team: Pittsburgh Penguins NHL Player: Nicklas Lidstrom and Sidney Crosby Shootout Move: “Low on the stick side” Movie: Gone in 60 Seconds TV Show: Friends Video Game: Eastside Hockey Manager Actor: Nicolas Cage Music Artist: Bruce Springsteen Website: Youtube.com Pre-game meal: Mostly pasta