• In 2008-09, Eakin finished eighth on the Swift Current Broncos with 48 points (24-24-48) in 54 games. In his first season in the WHL, he was named the Broncos Rookie of the Year and Most Sportsmanlike player.
• He was named Player of the Game with two goals at the 2009 CHL Top Prospects Game, helping lead Team Orr to a 6-1 win.
• He represented Team Canada twice during the 2008-09 season; first at the 2008 Ivan Hlinka Memorial tournament recording three points (2-1-3) in four games and then again at the 2009 IIHF Under-18 World Championships.
• His father Grant played professional hockey in the IHL, WCHL and CHL and his uncle Bruce was drafted by the Calgary Flames 204th overall in 1981. He credits his dad for having the most influence on his career – “he has taught me everything from day one and has been my biggest fan”.
• He patterns his game after Ottawa Senators’ forward Mike Fisher and he wears number 21, the same number his dad wore when he played – “it looks good when you wear it”.
• He got his start in hockey while his dad was playing old timers hockey and played his first game with his sister’s ringette team because they were short players.
• Nicknamed “Squeaks”, Eakin played on his first hockey team with the Fort Garry North Flyers and lists Carey Chartier as his favorite minor hockey coach.
• If he could have dinner with anyone he would choose Motley Crue band member Nikki Sixx “because of his unbelievable life” and Bobby Orr “because he is a legend and was such a great guy when I met him”.
EAKIN ATTRACTED SCOUTS TO SWIFT CURRENT
EAKIN LEADS THE WAY FOR TEAM ORR
“Forehand, backhand, 5-hole”
“One hand in the air, or both”
Call of Duty: World at War
Marley and Me, Old School, Wedding Crashers, Step Brothers
Will Ferrell, Megan Fox and Shannyn Sossaman
Motley Crue: The Dirt
Sport (other than hockey):
Golf, baseball, water sports
Activity away from the rink:
Video games, computer, board games, movies
Batman – after the new movies