• With his league-leading six game-winning goals, Duchene helped lead his Brampton Battalion to the Ontario Hockey League final before losing to the Windsor Spitfires. He finished sixth in the league playoffs with 26 points (14-12-26) and tied for first with six power-play goals.
• In his second year with Brampton, Duchene was third on the team in scoring with 79 points (31-48-79) in 59 games and was voted the Best Playmaker and Best Stickhandler in the OHL Eastern Conference Coaches Poll.
• His 2008-09 season was highlighted by the 2009 OHL All-Star Classic, the CHL Top Prospects Game and a gold medal as captain of Team Canada at the Under-18 Ivan Hlinka tournament. He won three international gold medals in an eight-month span in 2008, also winning gold at the Under-18 World Championships and at the World Under-17 Challenge with Team Ontario.
• Hockey is in his bloodlines; Duchene’s uncle is Anaheim Ducks' assistant coach Newell Brown – a Stanley Cup champion in 2007 and a member of the 1980 Memorial Cup champion Cornwall Royals and his father Vince backstopped the Ontario juvenile champion Minden Monarchs in 1984-85.
• He started skating at the age of four and by the age of six was shooting pucks every day, growing his love for the game in the basement and on the backyard rink.
• Duchene played on his very first hockey team with the Haliburton Huskies. His current Brampton Battalion teammate, Cody Hodgson, was also a childhood friend, teammate and backyard rink opponent.
• He wears the number nine because of Maurice Richard and if he could have dinner with any three people he would choose – Sidney Crosby, Wayne Gretzky and Maurice Richard "to see how different and alike the three greats are."
NHL Team: Montreal Canadiens NHL Player: Sidney Crosby Goal celebration: “Glass jump” Video game: NHL '09 Movie: Anchorman TV show: Everybody Loves Raymond Actor: Will Farrell Artist: Brad Paisley Website: Facebook.com Book: The Rookie: Sidney Crosby Home cooked meal: Fettuccine Alfredo Sport (other than hockey): Soccer Activity away from the rink: Playing Guitar Place to shop: Abercrombie Place to visit: California
I challenged him to a goalie fight when we chatted before the game, but he didn't want to go. It was strange to see him at the other end of the ice, but I'm sure he felt the same way looking down at our end.
— Vancouver goalie Eddie Lack joking about facing his former teammate Roberto Luongo after the Canucks' win against the Panthers