• In his first season in the Ontario Hockey League, de Haan finished second in the league among rookie defensemen, and first among Oshawa defensemen with 63 points (8-55-63) in 68 games in 2008-09.
• His year was highlighted by a selection to the OHL All-Star Classic as well as the 2009 CHL Top Prospects Game. He was also named Oshawa’s Rookie of the Year and Top Defenseman.
• Oshawa’s third-round selection (50th) in 2007, de Haan was named the 2007-08 Central Junior Hockey League player of the year after totaling 42 points (3-39-42) in 58 games as a member of the Kemptville 73’s.
• He represented Canada for the first time at the 2009 World Under-18 Championships, recording six assists (0-6-6) and a plus-six rating in six games.
• He played his minor hockey with West Carleton minor hockey and Ottawa Valley Titans before playing in the CJHL and OHL.
• His nickname is “Vinny” and his pregame superstitions include no haircuts on game day and a personalized warm-up.
• He credits his parents for having had the most influence on his career for their “constant support and encouragement” and if he could invite any three people to dinner he would choose: Will Ferrell, Michael Phelps and Bobby Orr. NEWS ARTICLES
NHL Team: Ottawa Senators NHL Player: Scott Niedermayer Shootout move: “Whatever comes to mind” Goal celebration: “Wipe your glove on the ice or fist pump” Video game: Call of Duty 5 Movie: Step Brothers TV show: SportsCenter Actor: Will Ferrell Music Artist: Linkin Park or Eminem Website: NHL.com, facebook.com Home cooked meal: Homemade burgers Place to shop: Abercrombie Place to visit: Hawaii