• In 2008-09, Brown led the U.S. Under-18 team in penalty minutes (120) and finished second in power-play goals (10). He finished with 38 points (20-18-38) in 62 games. In 17 international games he had 13 points (7-6-13).
• In the Fall of 2009, he will attend the University of Michigan as the first ever recruit from Texas.
• Growing up in Flower Mound, Texas, Brown played most of his minor hockey within the Dallas minor hockey system before playing for Honeybaked (Detroit) in Minor Midget. In 2007-08, before he made the jump to the U.S. National Team Development Program, he led Honeybaked in power-play goals (18) and game-winning goals (9).
• His first hockey team was in Raleigh, North Carolina, where he learned to skate at the age of three.
• Brown credits his family for having had the most influence on his career – “they have been there for me through the ups and downs and they also got me into the sport”.
• If he could invite any three people to dinner he would choose: George W. Bush – “he is my favorite President”, Mario Lemieux - “he is my all-time favorite player” and Kenny Chesney – “he is my favorite artist”.
NHL Team: Dallas Stars NHL Players: Mario Lemieux and James Neil Shootout move: “Shot or fake shot pull to my backhand” Goal celebration: “Jamie Langenbrunner fist pump” Video game: NHL ’09 and Madden Movie: Tommy Boy TV Show: King of the Hill Actor: Chris Farley Music Artist: Kenny Chesney Website: Facebook.com Book: On the Ice with… Mario Lemieux by Matt Christopher Pump-up Song: “New Noise” by Refused Sport (other than hockey): Football Activity away from the rink: Fishing, Hunting Home cooked meal: Mom’s spaghetti and meatballs Place to Shop: Bass Pro Shops
NHL GameCenter LIVE™ is now NHL.TV™.
Watch out-of-market games and replays with an all new redesigned media player, mobile and connected device apps.
Introducing the new official NHL App, available for iPhone, iPad and Android smartphones and tablets. A host of new features and improved functionality are available across all platforms, including a redesigned league-wide scoreboard, expanded news coverage, searchable video highlights, individual team experiences* and more. The new NHL App on your tablet also introduces new offerings such as 60fps video, Multitasking** and Picture-in-Picture.
*Available only for smartphones
** Available only for suported iPads