• In 2008-09, Brown led the U.S. Under-18 team in penalty minutes (120) and finished second in power-play goals (10). He finished with 38 points (20-18-38) in 62 games. In 17 international games he had 13 points (7-6-13).
• In the Fall of 2009, he will attend the University of Michigan as the first ever recruit from Texas.
• Growing up in Flower Mound, Texas, Brown played most of his minor hockey within the Dallas minor hockey system before playing for Honeybaked (Detroit) in Minor Midget. In 2007-08, before he made the jump to the U.S. National Team Development Program, he led Honeybaked in power-play goals (18) and game-winning goals (9).
• His first hockey team was in Raleigh, North Carolina, where he learned to skate at the age of three.
• Brown credits his family for having had the most influence on his career – “they have been there for me through the ups and downs and they also got me into the sport”.
• If he could invite any three people to dinner he would choose: George W. Bush – “he is my favorite President”, Mario Lemieux - “he is my all-time favorite player” and Kenny Chesney – “he is my favorite artist”.
NHL Team: Dallas Stars NHL Players: Mario Lemieux and James Neil Shootout move: “Shot or fake shot pull to my backhand” Goal celebration: “Jamie Langenbrunner fist pump” Video game: NHL ’09 and Madden Movie: Tommy Boy TV Show: King of the Hill Actor: Chris Farley Music Artist: Kenny Chesney Website: Facebook.com Book: On the Ice with… Mario Lemieux by Matt Christopher Pump-up Song: “New Noise” by Refused Sport (other than hockey): Football Activity away from the rink: Fishing, Hunting Home cooked meal: Mom’s spaghetti and meatballs Place to Shop: Bass Pro Shops