• At the 2009 Under-18 World Championships, Bourque won a gold medal with Team USA recording seven points (1-6-7) in seven games.
• He has chosen to forgo a scholarship at the University of New Hampshire and will play in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League next year.
• Is the son of Hockey Hall of Fame defenseman Ray Bourque, who played 23 seasons in the NHL for Boston and Colorado and was drafted eighth overall in 1979.
• His brother, Chris was drafted by the Washington Capitals, in the 2nd round (33rd overall) of the 2004 NHL draft. Chris made his NHL debut for the Capitals in 2007-08 and has since played 12 NHL games.
• He got started in hockey, following in his big brother’s footsteps and he credits both his dad and his brother for having had the biggest influence on his career – “they both have been there for me when I needed advice and to be pushed”.
• His childhood hockey idol was Paul Kariya and he patterns his game after Devils forward Zach Parise.
• A pre-game ritual for Ryan is too have an ice bath to get his legs going, and then a shower right before the game to help him relax.
• If he could be in one movie it would be National Treasurer, and if he could trade places with someone for one day he would choose David Beckham.
• The one thing he couldn’t live without is his cell phone, and the all time best gift he’s received was his dog Stanley.
NHL Team: Boston Bruins NHL Player: Zach Parise Shootout move: “Fake shot then slide the puck five-hole” Goal celebration: “Sweeping ice” Video game: NHL ‘09 Movie: Happy Gilmore TV Show: Entourage Actor: George Clooney Artist: Kenny Chesney Website: tsn.ca Book: 11 seconds Pump-up song: Anything that Lil Wayne sings Home cooked meal: Tortellini Activity away from the rink: Golf, Fishing Place to visit: The Caribbean