• Beck finished fourth on the Guelph Storm with 58 points (22-36-58) in 67 games nearly tripling his rookie scoring output of 21 points (7-14-21)
• He was selected to participate in the 2009 Top Prospects game where he scored one goal for Team Orr.
• Beck, comes by his athletic ability honestly – his father, Stan, played minor league baseball for the Boston Red Sox and his uncle, Jim Douglas, played on Canada’s soccer team at the 1976 Olympics in Montreal.
• He pattern’s his game after Joe Thornton - “he is a good playmaker, scorer, and dominates down low” and he wears the number 19 because Steve Yzerman was his childhood hockey idol.
• If he could have dinner with any three people they would be Steve Yzerman, Mario Lemieux and his Grandpa – “my hero”.
• If he could play in any band it would be Nickelback and his dream car would be a fully loaded Land Rover.
NHL Team: Detroit Red Wings NHL Player: Joe Thornton Shootout move: “The Sam Gagner move” Goal celebration: “The Windmill” Video game: NHL ‘09 Movie: Coach Carter TV Show: Two and a Half Men Actor: Denzel Washington Cartoon: Bugs Bunny Website: NHL.com Book: Beyond the Glory Pump-up song: “Till I Collapse” by Eminem Restaurant: The Keg Sport (other than hockey): Lacrosse Activity away from the rink: Golf Breakfast food: Eggs Superhero: Superman
There's not much to say. We played like [garbage]. I think every guy in the room should be completely embarrassed about how they played tonight. Every single person. To start a road trip, one of the biggest road trips and have a division rival chasing you down and have a ton on the line, it's ridiculous how we played tonight.
— Anaheim forward Andrew Cogliano after the Ducks' 7-2 loss to the Flames on Wednesday