• Competing in his first Under-18 World Championships in 2010, Forbort had a plus-nine rating and added two assists in seven games winning a gold medal with Team USA.
• A big defender, he made the jump to the U.S. National Team Development Program from Duluth East High School after his 2008-09 season. In 26 games played against USHL competition in 2009-10 he had 14 points (4-10--14). Overall he played 56 games with the U.S. Under-18 team recording 25 points (5-20--25).
• He has committed to the University of North Dakota for the fall of 2010.
• He got his start in hockey on the backyard rink at three years old and played his minor hockey in the Duluth Amateur Hockey Association.
• One of his most memorable hockey moments was winning the International Falls Tournament playing for the Glen Avon Squirt ‘A’ team and he credits his dad for having the most influence on his career because he coached him throughout minor hockey.
• His childhood hockey idol was Wendel Clark because of the way he could score goals and fight.
NHL Team: Minnesota North Stars NHL Player: Alexei Kovalev Shootout move: “Backhand cheese” Video Game: Pac-man Movie: Slap Shot TV Show: How I Met Your Mother Actor: Morgan Freeman Musician: Taylor Swift Website: facebook.com Book: Playing with Fire by Theo Fleury Pump-up song: Man in the Mirror by Michael Jackson Home cooked meal: Chicken Nachos Activity away from the rink: Volleyball
NHL GameCenter LIVE™ is now NHL.TV™.
Watch out-of-market games and replays with an all new redesigned media player, mobile and connected device apps.
Introducing the new official NHL App, available for iPhone, iPad and Android smartphones and tablets. A host of new features and improved functionality are available across all platforms, including a redesigned league-wide scoreboard, expanded news coverage, searchable video highlights, individual team experiences* and more. The new NHL App on your tablet also introduces new offerings such as 60fps video, Multitasking** and Picture-in-Picture.
*Available only for smartphones
** Available only for suported iPads