• In 66 games this season, Beukeboom tallied 26 points (7-19--26) often playing alongside Brandon Archibald (No. 64 ranked) on the blueline for the Greyhounds.
• His father Jeff, a four-time Stanley Cup champion, played 14 seasons in the NHL with the Edmonton Oilers and the New York Rangers – he was drafted 19th overall in 1983 by Edmonton. Dallas Stars General Manager Joe Nieuwendyk is also his father’s cousin – Nieuwendyk was drafted 27th overall in 1985 by Calgary.
• Beukeboom has competed internationally three times – he represented Canada at the 2010 Under-18 World Championships, won gold at the 2009 Ivan Hlinka Memorial and also won gold playing for Team Ontario at the World Under-17 Challenge.
• At the 2010 Top Prospects Game, he won the hardest shot competition with a slap shot that registered at 92.4 miles per hour.
• Beukeboom played his minor hockey for the Uxbridge Stars and the Central Ontario Wolves. It was while he was playing for the Wolves and under the coaching tutelage of his father that he moved from wing to defense -- his first OHL season was his first full season on defense.
NHL team: New York Rangers NHL player: Dion Phaneuf Shootout move: “Five hole” Goal celebration: “Sweep ice, jump into glass” Video game: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Movie: The Hangover TV show: Cake Boss Actress: Megan Fox Musician: Jack Johnson Website: addictinggames.com Book: Playing with Fire by Theo Fleury Home-cooked meal: Steak and Potatoes Activity away from the rink: Hanging out with friends, golfing, being active