• A 6’3”, 215 lb. defenseman, he was plus-two and added three assists at the 2010 World Under-18 Championships as Team USA won gold.
• He has committed to the University of Notre Dame for the fall of 2010.
• His hometown is Wampum, Pennsylvania – a city without a red light and a population of only about 600.
• Johns is hoping to be the next Western Pennsylvanian to make it big in the NHL -- Columbus Blue Jackets winger R.J. Umberger (Pittsburgh, PA), was selected 16th overall by the Vancouver Canucks in 2001 and Tampa Bay Lightning winger Ryan Malone (Pittsburgh, PA), was a fourth-round pick (115th overall) by the Penguins in 1999.
• Prior to playing for the U.S. National Team Development Program, Johns played AAA for the Pittsburgh Hornets and his very first hockey team was the Lawrence County Lightning.
• His older brother has had the most influence on his career because he was one of the reasons he started playing hockey. At the age of 13, his brother was diagnosed with arthritis in his hip and is no longer able to play. His second cousin, Robert Babcock, was a pitcher in Major League Baseball for 17 years. FAVORITES
NHL Team: Pittsburgh Penguins NHL Player: Brooks Orpik Shootout move: “Go to the backhand” Goal celebration: “With the team” Video Game: Call of Duty Movie: Sherlock Holmes TV Show: That 70’s Show Actor: Will Ferrell Music Group: Rise Against Website: facebook.com Pump-up song: “Careful What You Wish For” by Eminem Home-cooked meal: Chicken Parmesan Activity away from the rink: Being outdoors, camping in the woods