• For the last two seasons, Lindberg has led the SuperElit Junior league in face-off percentage, winning 60.4% of his face-offs in 2009-10 and 63.4% in 2008-09.
• In addition to the 30 games he played with Skelleftea Junior in 2009-10, he also suited up for 36 games in the Swedish Elite league.
• His mother’s cousin, Jan Erixon, has coached Lindberg throughout minor hockey and has had a big influence on his career – Erixon was drafted 30th overall in 1981 by the Rangers and he played 10 seasons in New York (1983-93).
• Lindberg started playing hockey when he was five years old and his childhood hockey idol was Joe Sakic.
• His most memorable hockey experience was playing for Sweden in his first international game against rival Finland and he models his game after Sidney Crosby because “he has everything a center needs”.
NHL team: Detroit Red Wings NHL player: Henrik Zetteberg Shootout move: “Fake shot, the right and backhand” Movie: Dumb and Dumber TV show: Two and a Half Men Video game: NHL ‘09 Website: facebook.com Home-cooked meal: Steak with french fries Place to visit: Barcelona
It's a tribute to him, and everything he's done and deserved is coming to fruition tonight with his jersey in the rafters. He's going to be a first-ballot Hall of Famer. And I said today, if he's not, take my stuff out. If he doesn't deserve to be in there first ballot, no one does. Except for (Wayne) Gretzky, I guess.
— Hockey Hall of Fame member Brett Hull on former teammate Mike Modano, whose No. 9 was retired by the Dallas Stars on Saturday