• In the 2010 Ontario Hockey League playoffs, Skinner tied for the league lead in goals (20) and finished tied for second overall in points (33) behind Windsor Spitfires Taylor Hall (No. 2 ranked).
• He finished the 2009-10 season second in OHL scoring with 50 goals in 64 games and his 90 points (50-40--90) were seventh in the league. In just two seasons in the OHL, including one as a sixteen year-old, Skinner has produced 1.11 points per game.
• He was named MVP of Team Orr at the 2010 Top Prospects Game after recording a goal and an assist and was also crowned the winner of the creative breakaway skills competition.
• Skinner played for the gold medal-winning Team Ontario at the 2009 World Under-17 Challenge, scoring the game-winning goal against Russia in the championship final – his teammates included Tyler Seguin (No. 1 ranked), Erik Gudbranson (No. 4 ranked) and John McFarland (No. 15 ranked).
• He is the second youngest of six hockey playing siblings. His twin sisters, Andrea and Jennifer, played hockey at Cornell and Harvard respectively; Erica plays for Carleton University; Benjamin played for the Kitchener Rangers and Waterloo Siskins and will be suiting up for Wilfrid Laurier next season; and the youngest, Jillian, has played for the Willowdale Red Wings for the past three seasons, most recently Midget AA.
• At the age of nine, he had a part in the movie “Death to Smoochy”, a movie directed by Danny Devito, starring Robin Williams and Edward Norton.
• Won a bronze medal at the 2004 Skate Canada Junior Nationals, a competition of Canada’s top young figure skaters that included future Canadian Olympian Patrick Chan.
NHL Team: Toronto Maple Leafs NHL Player: Sidney Crosby Shootout move: “Datsyuk move” Goal celebration: “Just the standard two hands up” Video Game: NHL ‘10 Movie: The Dark Knight TV Show: Friends Actor: Will Smith Cartoon: Space Jam Website: youtube.com Book: The Scarlett Pimpernel Pump-up song: “We Will Rock You” by Queen Restaurant: Fire and Ice Sport (other than hockey): Soccer Breakfast food: Eggs Superhero: Batman
NHL GameCenter LIVE™ is now NHL.TV™.
Watch out-of-market games and replays with an all new redesigned media player, mobile and connected device apps.
Introducing the new official NHL App, available for iPhone, iPad and Android smartphones and tablets. A host of new features and improved functionality are available across all platforms, including a redesigned league-wide scoreboard, expanded news coverage, searchable video highlights, individual team experiences* and more. The new NHL App on your tablet also introduces new offerings such as 60fps video, Multitasking** and Picture-in-Picture.
*Available only for smartphones
** Available only for suported iPads