• Weal was the first 17-year-old to surpass 100 points in more than a decade in the WHL. He is only the fifth CHL player in the last ten years to record 100 points in his second season of junior eligibility -- the other four were John Tavares (selected 1st overall in 2009), Steven Stamkos (selected 1st overall in 2008), Sam Gagner (selected 6th overall in 2008) and Tyler Seguin (No. 1 ranked).
• His 102 points (35-67--102) in 72 games placed him third on the WHL scoring list for the 2009-10 season, behind only Brandon Kozun (selected 179th overall in 2009), and Jordan Eberle (selected 22nd overall in 2008).
• Drafted 79th overall in the 2007 WHL Bantam Draft, Weal made an immediate impact as a 16-year-old posting 70 points (16-56--70) in 65 games and was a finalist for the 2009 WHL Rookie of the Year award.
• He was a member of the gold medal winning Team Canada at the 2009 Under-18 Ivan Hlinka Tournament and was selected to represent Canada at the 2010 Under-18 World Championships.
• A 5’10” center, he had a goal and an assist in a 4-2 win for Team Cherry at the 2010 Canadian Hockey League Top Prospects Game.
NHL Team: Colorado Avalanche NHL Player: Joe Sakic Shootout move: “Go out wide to the left, come in and shoot low glove” Goal celebration: “Raise the stick” Video Game: Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 2 Movie: Ace Ventura TV Show: The Late Show with Craig Ferguson Actress: Kate Beckinsale Music Artist: Akon Pump-up song: “Pursuit of Happiness Remix” by Steve Aoki Home-cooked meal: Christmas Dinner Activity away from the rink: Hanging out with the boys