• Melchiori has committed to attend the University of Massachusetts-Lowell for next season.
• He was awarded the B.J. Munro Memorial Award as the OHA’s top prospect after he recorded 23 points (7-16--23) in 39 games and added 11 points (2-9--11) in 19 playoff games for the Newmarket Hurricanes in 2009-10
• A late addition to Team Canada (East) at the 2009 World Jr. ‘A’ Hockey Challenge in Summerside, PEI, he finished tied for the team lead with three points (1-2--3) in four games.
• He is the nephew of Mike and Mark Murphy. Mike, senior vice president of NHL hockey operations and former NHL forward, was drafted 25th overall by the New York Rangers and went on to play 12 NHL seasons with the St. Louis Blues, New York Rangers and Los Angeles Kings. Mark was drafted 79th overall by Chicago in 1978.
• Melchiori played his minor hockey with the Toronto Marlboros and his very first hockey team was the Richmond Hill Stars. He got his start in hockey at the age of four because he was inspired by his family’s hockey background.
NHL team: Toronto Maple Leafs NHL player: Chris Pronger Shootout move: “Fake shot, backhand, forehand” Goal celebration: “One knee in air, arms raised” Video game: NHL ‘10 Movie: Step Brothers TV show: Seinfeld Actor: Will Farrell Cartoon: Family Guy Website: facebook.com Book: Playing With Fire by Theo Fleury Activity away from the rink: Poker, Xbox Breakfast food: Eggs and bacon Superhero: Superman