• In the 2010 Ontario Hockey League playoffs, Hall led all players in scoring with 35 points (17-18--35) in 19 games, helping the Spitfires win their second consecutive Robertson Cup as OHL Champions. He finished the regular season tied for the league lead with 106 points (40-66--106), despite playing just 57 games. He also led the league with 66 assists.
• Hall represented Team Canada at the 2010 World Junior Championships, winning a silver medal as the only draft-eligible player on Canada’s roster. He was named to the tournament’s all-star team after finishing second on Team Canada with 12 points (6-6-12), which included a hat-trick against Slovakia.
• In the 2009 postseason, he recorded a CHL-leading 36 points (16-20-36) in 20 games en route to winning a Memorial Cup championship for his Windsor Spitfires as well as the Stafford Smythe Memorial Trophy as the Most Valuable Player of the tournament.
• He was the second overall selection in the 2007 OHL Draft behind rookie Avalanche forward Ryan O’Reilly. He was selected as the CHL Rookie of the Year after leading all first year players with 45 goals (45-39-84) in 63 games – that season (2007-08) he often played on a line with Josh Bailey, a forward now in his second season with the New York Islanders.
• His dad, Steve, was a receiver in the Canadian Football League (Winnipeg, Edmonton and Ottawa) -- he caught his first professional pass at Taylor Field in Regina. After his football career ended, he went on to compete internationally for Canada in bobsled.
• His father was born in Australia, but raised in Canada and his mother, Kim, is of Slovakian heritage. He credits his parents for having the most influence on his career through their support and he wears number four because his mom was a fan of Bobby Orr.
• Hall got his start in hockey on the backyard rink in Calgary beginning his minor hockey career there before moving to Kingston when he was 13 years old.
NHL Team: Calgary Flames NHL Player: Pittsburgh’s Sidney Crosby Shootout move: “Backhand Cheese” Goal celebration: “One knee fist pump” Video Game: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Movie: Avatar TV Show: Friends Music Group: Theory of a Deadman Book: Playing with Fire by Theoren Fleury Pump-up song: “Lalala Girl” by Paffendorf Home cooked meal: Lasagna Activity away from the rink: Cooking
NHL GameCenter LIVE™ is now NHL.TV™.
Watch out-of-market games and replays with an all new redesigned media player, mobile and connected device apps.
Introducing the new official NHL App, available for iPhone, iPad and Android smartphones and tablets. A host of new features and improved functionality are available across all platforms, including a redesigned league-wide scoreboard, expanded news coverage, searchable video highlights, individual team experiences* and more. The new NHL App on your tablet also introduces new offerings such as 60fps video, Multitasking** and Picture-in-Picture.
*Available only for smartphones
** Available only for suported iPads