• In 2009-10, Pickard led all Western Hockey League goaltenders in minutes played (3688), total saves (2207) and finished sixth overall in save-percentage (0.914). Despite the Thunderbirds 19-41-7-5 record, his workload didn’t go unnoticed and he was a finalist for the 2010 WHL Goaltender of the Year.
• Pickard faced more than 40 shots on 20 different occasions in 2009-10. He was an impressive 3-0-1 when facing more than 50 shots -- highlighted by a 57-save shutout on October 2, 2009.
• His brother, Chet, a 2008 first round draft pick (18th overall by Nashville) currently plays for the Milwaukee Admirals in the American Hockey League after spending four seasons (2005-06 to 2008-09) with the Tri-City Americans in the WHL.
• He represented Canada at the 2010 Under-18 World Championships and won gold at the 2009 Ivan Hlinka Memorial tournament.
• As a rookie in 2008-09, Pickard played 47 games (26-16-1-4) for Seattle, leading all rookie goaltenders in wins (26) and ranking third in save-percentage (0.896).
• Before playing in the WHL, Pickard played for the Winnipeg Wild Midget AAA posting a 1.91 goals-against average in 2007-08. As a bantam in 2006-07, he won a Manitoba Championship as well as the Top Goaltender award at the Western Canadian Championships.
NHL Team: New Jersey Devils NHL Player: Roberto Luongo Goal celebration: “I would go crazy if I scored a goal” Video Game: Call of Duty Movie: Dumb and Dumber TV Show: Family Guy Actress: Megan Fox Music Group: Doc Walker Website: facebook.com Book: “Talent is Overrated” by Geoffrey Calvin Pump-up song: “Beautiful People” by Marilyn Manson Home-cooked meal: Steak and potatoes Activity away from the rink: Hanging out with friends
Once again, it shows character in this dressing room. Once again, there's no quitting in here. We all wanted this so bad and we worked so hard to get home-ice advantage and we weren't going to let this one slide.
— Colorado Avalanche captain Gabriel Landeskog on his team's OT Game 1 win vs. Minnesota Wild