• Wilson recorded 27 points (9-18--27), 141 penalty minutes and a plus-17 rating in 49 games for Plymouth during an injury-plagued (sprained MCL, broken knuckle) 2011-12 season. He added 13 points (7-6--13) in 13 playoff contests
• He was voted as the ‘Best Body Checker’ in the OHL’s 2012 Western Conference Coaches Poll and was a runner up for the ‘Hardest Worker’ distinction.
• In 2010-11, Wilson only appeared in 28 games for the Whalers after suffering a severed tendon in his wrist. He posted six points (3-3--6) and 71 penalty minutes in his first season in the OHL.
• Wilson won a gold medal with Team Canada at the 2011 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament, posting three goals in five games. He also won gold with Team Ontario at the World Under-17 Hockey Challenge, recording one assist and six penalty minutes in four games.
• In 2010, he was named the OHL Academic Player of the Month for October in the West Division. “Tom is a full-time student and achieving straight A’s,” said Whalers assistant coach Joe Stefan. “He has made a seamless transition into his first season in the OHL.”
• Former NHLer Steve Thomas, a family friend, has had a big impact on his career.
NHL team: Montreal Canadiens NHL player: Milan Lucic Shootout move: Triple deke Goal celebration: Rollercoaster (hands up) Video game: NHL Hits 2003 Movie: Green Street Hooligans TV show: 24/7 - Road to the Winter Classic Actor: Mark Wahlberg Cartoon: The Simpsons Website: Stumbleupon.com Restaurant: Outback Steakhouse Sport (other than hockey): Rugby Breakfast food: Tim Hortons Superhero: Superman