• Rielly missed over five months in 2011-12 after suffering a torn anterior cruciate ligament just 18 games into the season; prior to his injury, Rielly was on a point-per-game pace with 18 points (3-15--18). He returned to the Moose Jaw lineup on April 20, 2012 for the start of the WHL Eastern Conference Final against the Edmonton Oil Kings, recording three assists (0-3--3) in five games.
• In 2010-11, he led the Moose Jaw Warriors in rookie scoring and was second among defensemen with 28 points (6-22--28) in 65 games.
• He helped a Canada roster full of top 2012 draft-eligible prospects capture gold at the 2011 Ivan Hlinka Memorial tournament, recording three points (2-1--3) in seven games. At the 2011 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge, he helped Team Pacific win a bronze medal recording five points (2-3--5) in six games.
• He captained the Notre Dame Hounds in Wilcox, Saskatchewan during the 2009-10 season. He led all SMAAAHL defensemen in scoring with 55 points (18-37--55), was named the team’s co-MVP and helped lead the team to a gold medal at the 2010 Canadian National Midget Championship. Fellow draft prospects Slater Koekkoek (No. 23 ranked) and Andrew Ryan (No. 109 ranked) were his teammates at Notre Dame.
• Rielly was the co-winner of the 2009 BC Hockey Hall of Fame Minor Hockey Player Achievement Award. The award is handed out annually to a B.C. Amateur Hockey Association player who best exemplifies sportsmanship, leadership, hockey skill, and academic achievement. Past winners include: Edmonton’s first overall draft selection in 2011, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (2008); Washington Capitals’ Karl Alzner (2003); and Phoenix Coyotes’ Gilbert Brule (2002).
• He lists his father, Andy, as the biggest influence on his career and his hockey hero growing up. His father played in the BCHL for the Surrey Eagles in 1974-75.
NHL team: Vancouver Canucks NHL player: Kris Letang Goal celebration: “Jersey pull” Video game: Call of Duty Movie: The Lion King TV show: The Big Bang Theory and Entourage Actor/Actress: Ryan Gosling and Jennifer Aniston Cartoon: The Road Runner Website: Twitter Pump-up song: ‘Levels (remix)’ by Avicii Restaurant: Deja Vu in Moose Jaw Sport (other than hockey): Table tennis and golf
NOTRE DAME HOUNDS
NHL GameCenter LIVE™ is now NHL.TV™.
Watch out-of-market games and replays with an all new redesigned media player, mobile and connected device apps.
Introducing the new official NHL App, available for iPhone, iPad and Android smartphones and tablets. A host of new features and improved functionality are available across all platforms, including a redesigned league-wide scoreboard, expanded news coverage, searchable video highlights, individual team experiences* and more. The new NHL App on your tablet also introduces new offerings such as 60fps video, Multitasking** and Picture-in-Picture.
*Available only for smartphones
** Available only for suported iPads