• In his second season with the U.S. National Team Development Program, Matteau recorded 32 points (15-17-32) in 46 games. In 2010-11, he recorded nine points (4-5--9) in 28 games.
• Matteau intends to join Blainville-Boisbriand Armada in the QMJHL for the 2012-13 season.
• His father, Stephane Matteau, played 13 seasons with six different NHL teams including the 1994 Stanley Cup winning New York Rangers.
• He helped the U.S. capture a silver medal at the 2011 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge where he had six points (2-4--6) in six games.
• In 2009-10 season, he won a 2010 Canadian National Midget Championship with the Notre Dame Hounds in the SMAAHL -- he record six points (3-3--6) in seven playoff games. Fellow draft prospects Morgan Reilly (No. 5-ranked), Slater Koekkoek (No. 23-ranked) and Andrew Ryan (No. 109-ranked) were his teammates at Notre Dame.
• He has collected more than 50 autographed hockey sticks throughout his hockey career, including two from Wayne Gretzky and one from Mario Lemieux.
NHL team: NY Rangers NHL player: Alex Ovechkin Shootout move: Fake shot, backhand to forehand Video game: Call of Duty Movie: Step Brothers TV show: Two and a Half Men Actor: Adam Sandler Musician: Eminem Website: Facebook Book: “Coming Back Stronger” by Drew Brees Pump-up song: “Till I Collapse” by Eminem Home-cooked meal: Chicken parmesan Activity away from the rink: Fishing and golfing