• Campbell won a gold medal with Team USA at the 2010 World Junior Championships. He entered the championship game against Canada in the second period with a 3-0 deficit -- he stopped 32 out of 34 shots helping the U.S. win in overtime.
• He also helped lead the U.S. to back-to-back gold medals at the 2009 and 2010 Under-18 World Championships. He led the 2010 tournament with a .965 save-percentage and 0.83 goals-against average, posting three shutouts and was selected ad the Top Goaltender.
• Originally slated to attend the University of Michigan, he will play for the Ontario Hockey League’s Windsor Spitfires in 2010-11.
• Campbell got his start in hockey watching his cousin, Marshall Campbell (who later player football at Michigan), play goal and he fell in love with the position. He started playing goalie full-time when he was nine years old after a failed attempt by his dad, uncle and youth hockey coach to try and convince him not to be a goalie.
• A champion at 12, he won the Quebec International Peewee tournament with Little Caesars – he played his minor hockey first with the Blue Water Stars, then Little Caesars before joining Honeybaked for his final two years of minor hockey.
NHL Team: Detroit Red Wings NHL Player: Marty Turco Goal celebration: Alex Ovechkin’s Video Game: NHL ‘10 Movie: Happy Gilmore TV Show: NHL On The Fly Actor/Actress: Vince Vaughn, Jennifer Aniston Musicians: Darius Rucker, Blink 182 Website: nhl.com Book: Training Camp: What the Best Do Better Than Everyone Else by Jon Gordon Pump-up song: “Lose Yourself” by Eminem Home cooked meal: “Anything my mom cooks” Activity away from the rink: Playing sports with friends