• Whitney posted a 22-4-4 record, 2.74 goals-against average, .896 save percentage and two shutouts in 2011-12 -- his rookie season -- to help Victoriaville finish fourth overall in the QMJHL. He ranked sixth in the league in goals-against average and eighth in save percentage. He also led all rookie netminders in goals-against average and ranked second in wins and save percentage.
• He participated in the 2012 CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game, stopping 11 of the 12 shots he faced. He also represented Team Canada at the 2012 Under-18 World Hockey Championship, but did not play during the tournament.
• A member of Team Atlantic at the 2011 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge, he posted two wins, a 3.58 goals-against average and .898 save percentage in four games.
• He started the 2010-11 season with the Halifax Taylar Made Security Titans of the NSMMHL, recording a 2.99 goals-against average and .890 save percentage in eight games. Whitney appeared in 26 games for the Valley Wildcats, also of the NSMMHL, in 2009-10.
• He credits his sister, Morgan, with having the most influence on his career -- “(She) always showed me how to work and believed in me.”
NHL team: Montreal Canadiens NHL player: Mike Smith Video game: NHL series Movie: Happy Gilmore TV show: The Simpsons Actor/Actress: Seth Rogen, Will Ferrell Cartoon: The Simpsons, Scooby-Doo Website: Facebook Restaurant: Boston Pizza Sport (other than hockey): Soccer Breakfast food: Cheerios Superhero: Thor
Once again, it shows character in this dressing room. Once again, there's no quitting in here. We all wanted this so bad and we worked so hard to get home-ice advantage and we weren't going to let this one slide.
— Colorado Avalanche captain Gabriel Landeskog on his team's OT Game 1 win vs. Minnesota Wild