• In 2013-14, Kempe posted 19 points (3-16—19) in 20 games and was an assistant captain with MODO’s under-20 team before joining the club’s senior team in the Swedish Hockey League where he posted 11 points (5-6—11) in 45 contests.
• His brother, Mario, was selected in the fifth round (122nd overall) by the Philadelphia Flyers in the 2007 NHL Draft. Mario has spent the past five seasons playing in Sweden, most recently alongside Adrian with MODO in Sweden’s top league.
• A member of Sweden’s gold-medal winning team at the 2013 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge, Kempe averaged a goal per game (5-0—5) including a second-period tally in the team’s 7-5 win over Russia in the final.
• At the 2014 Under-18 World Championship, Kempe finished third on the team with seven points (1-6—7) in seven games as Sweden placed fourth, falling 3-1 to Canada in the bronze-medal game. He also tallied three points (2-1—3) in four games at the 2013 Ivan Hlinka Memorial.
• Kempe’s hometown is Ornskoldsvik, Sweden (approx. population 28,000). He plays for the same MODO hockey program that produced NHL stars Peter Forsberg, Markus Naslund, Daniel and Henrik Sedin, and Victor Hedman.
NHL team: “I'd say the Flyers because my brother was drafted by them” NHL player: Marian Gaborik Shootout move: “Shot fake and backhand between the legs” Goal celebration: “Archer for sure” Video game: FIFA 14 Movie: The Wolf of Wall Street Actor: Tom Cruise Website: Twitter and YouTube Musician: Hakan Hellstrom Sport (other than hockey): Soccer and skateboarding