• He has committed to the University of Minnesota for the fall of 2011.
• Ambroz led Omaha in scoring in 2010-11, recording 46 points (24-22--46) in 56 games helping Omaha finish second in the United States Hockey League Western Conference – Omaha was defeated by Sioux Falls in the first round of the 2011 playoffs.
• He won a gold medal with the U.S. at the 2010 World Junior ‘A’ Challenge, defeating Canada East 6-4 in the gold medal game after facing a 4-1 deficit halfway through the game – Ambroz scored the first U.S. goal on the power-play.
• The hockey lineage in the Ambroz family is strong -- his older brother, Matt, plays at the University of Nebraska-Omaha and his sister, Kacy, plays for the University of Minnesota-Duluth. His brother also spent two full seasons playing in the USHL for the Tri-City Storm.
• He made the jump to the USHL for the 2008-09 season and at 15 years old he was the youngest player in the league -- he scored 14 goals, 17 assists and tallied 88 penalty minutes in 60 games, playing on a line with Louis Leblanc (18th overall by Montreal in 2009). Before joining the USHL, he recorded 68 points (36-32--68) in 22 games with New Prague High School in 2007-08.
NHL Player: Milan Lucic Shootout move: Shoot or fake shot backhand Video game: MLB ’10 the Show Movie: Inception TV show: Entourage Actor/Actress: Robert Downey Jr., Sophia Bush Website: NHL.com Pump-up song: ‘Bring Me to Life’ by Evanescence Sport (other than hockey): Baseball Breakfast food: Omelet with cheese, sausage, and potatoes Superhero: Batman
NHL GameCenter LIVE™ is now NHL.TV™.
Watch out-of-market games and replays with an all new redesigned media player, mobile and connected device apps.
Introducing the new official NHL App, available for iPhone, iPad and Android smartphones and tablets. A host of new features and improved functionality are available across all platforms, including a redesigned league-wide scoreboard, expanded news coverage, searchable video highlights, individual team experiences* and more. The new NHL App on your tablet also introduces new offerings such as 60fps video, Multitasking** and Picture-in-Picture.
*Available only for smartphones
** Available only for suported iPads