• He has committed to the University of Minnesota for the fall of 2011.
• Ambroz led Omaha in scoring in 2010-11, recording 46 points (24-22--46) in 56 games helping Omaha finish second in the United States Hockey League Western Conference – Omaha was defeated by Sioux Falls in the first round of the 2011 playoffs.
• He won a gold medal with the U.S. at the 2010 World Junior ‘A’ Challenge, defeating Canada East 6-4 in the gold medal game after facing a 4-1 deficit halfway through the game – Ambroz scored the first U.S. goal on the power-play.
• The hockey lineage in the Ambroz family is strong -- his older brother, Matt, plays at the University of Nebraska-Omaha and his sister, Kacy, plays for the University of Minnesota-Duluth. His brother also spent two full seasons playing in the USHL for the Tri-City Storm.
• He made the jump to the USHL for the 2008-09 season and at 15 years old he was the youngest player in the league -- he scored 14 goals, 17 assists and tallied 88 penalty minutes in 60 games, playing on a line with Louis Leblanc (18th overall by Montreal in 2009). Before joining the USHL, he recorded 68 points (36-32--68) in 22 games with New Prague High School in 2007-08.
NHL Player: Milan Lucic Shootout move: Shoot or fake shot backhand Video game: MLB ’10 the Show Movie: Inception TV show: Entourage Actor/Actress: Robert Downey Jr., Sophia Bush Website: NHL.com Pump-up song: ‘Bring Me to Life’ by Evanescence Sport (other than hockey): Baseball Breakfast food: Omelet with cheese, sausage, and potatoes Superhero: Batman