• Competing in his second season for the Youngstown Phantoms in the United States Hockey League, Mayfield recorded 16 points (7-9--16) in 52 games. The Phantoms missed the playoffs in 2010-11 by two points, but to combat the long off-season, he has been getting on the ice by helping his former youth and high school coach, Dave Garth, coach a spring team.
• Mayfield has committed to the University of Denver for the fall of 2011 – “My dad went to law school in Denver. I remember when I was eight, nine years old we would go and visit (my dad’s friends) and they would take me to the rink. Walking around, just seeing how big it was, I've always wanted to play there. At Christmas when I was ten years old I got a Denver jersey. It's been hanging above my bed (since then) and just to commit there was amazing for me.”
• He won a gold medal for the U.S. at the 2010 World Junior ‘A’ Challenge, defeating Canada East 6-4 in the gold medal game after facing 4-1 deficit halfway through the game. He was selected tournament MVP and to the first all-star team.
• Prior to joining the USHL, Mayfield played for the St. Louis Amateur Blues and his first hockey team was the Webster Groves Wings.
• His childhood hockey idols were Al MacInnis and Bobby Orr: “MacInnis played for St. Louis and had one of the hardest shots in the League and my dad loved Bobby Orr, and he would always show me videos”.
NHL team: St. Louis Blues NHL player: Erik Johnson Shootout move: “Datsyuk’s” Goal celebration: Patrick Kane Video game: NHL ‘10 Movie: Miracle TV show: True Blood Actress: Megan Fox Music Artist: Eminem Website: Google Book: “The Game” by Ken Dryden Home-cooked meal: Lasagna Activity away from the rink: Working out
NHL GameCenter LIVE™ is now NHL.TV™.
Watch out-of-market games and replays with an all new redesigned media player, mobile and connected device apps.
Introducing the new official NHL App, available for iPhone, iPad and Android smartphones and tablets. A host of new features and improved functionality are available across all platforms, including a redesigned league-wide scoreboard, expanded news coverage, searchable video highlights, individual team experiences* and more. The new NHL App on your tablet also introduces new offerings such as 60fps video, Multitasking** and Picture-in-Picture.
*Available only for smartphones
** Available only for suported iPads