• At the 2011 Memorial Cup, he had a team-leading and tournament-tying four goals in four games helping Saint John became the first team from the Maritime Provinces to win the tournament.
• Jurco helped Saint John to the 2011 Quebec Major Junior Hockey League championship, recording 18 points (6-12--18) in 19 games. During the regular season, the Sea Dogs tied the QMJHL record for most wins in a season with 58 and went undefeated at home in regulation (32-0-1-1) to enter the 2011 playoffs as the top-seed in the QMJHL.
• He is one of nine Saint John Sea Dogs on the Central Scouting rankings list, which also includes two of his frequent linemates – Jonathan Huberdeau (No. 3 ranked) and Zack Phillips (No. 15 ranked). All three finished the season with seven game-winning goals.
• Jurco represented Slovakia at the 2011 World Junior Championships, recording a goal in six games with an even plus-minus rating.
• His older sister, Petra, was a member of Slovakia's Olympic women's team at the 2010 Olympics; both players wear the number 13 -- “I feel better with 13. I feel like I'm home.'' He got his start in hockey at five when his parents tried to sign his sister up to play.
• A YouTube sensation, he has several videos showcasing his stickhandling tricks and shootout moves online that have been viewed more than 150,000 times.
NHL player: Marian Gaborik and Marian Hossa Shootout move: “Spin-o-rama” Video game: NHL 2010 Movie: The Hangover TV show: Two and a Half Men Actress: Emma Watson Website: Facebook.com Sport (other than hockey): Soccer Breakfast food: Scrambled eggs
NHL GameCenter LIVE™ is now NHL.TV™.
Watch out-of-market games and replays with an all new redesigned media player, mobile and connected device apps.
Introducing the new official NHL App, available for iPhone, iPad and Android smartphones and tablets. A host of new features and improved functionality are available across all platforms, including a redesigned league-wide scoreboard, expanded news coverage, searchable video highlights, individual team experiences* and more. The new NHL App on your tablet also introduces new offerings such as 60fps video, Multitasking** and Picture-in-Picture.
*Available only for smartphones
** Available only for suported iPads