• Through the first round of the 2011 playoffs, he was second on the Voltigeurs with eight points (3-5--8) in their four-game series win over Chicoutimi.
• After finishing in a tie for fourth in league scoring with 96 points (36-60--96) this season, Couturier was named the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League’s Most Valuable Player, the Top 2011 Draft Prospect and selected a First-Team All-Star. He also finished second in the league with a plus-55 rating.
• He was the youngest and only draft-eligible player on Team Canada at the 2011 World Junior Hockey Championships, winning a silver medal. He also won a gold medal with Canada’s Under-18 team at the 2009 Memorial of Ivan Hlinka tournament.
• Couturier led the QMJHL in scoring with 96 points (41-55--96) in 2009-10, becoming the first 17-year-old to lead the league in scoring since Sidney Crosby of the Rimouski Oceanic in 2004-05. He also led the team with a plus-62 rating while often playing against the opposition’s top players.
• His father, Sylvain, was drafted 65th overall by Los Angeles in 1986 and played 33 games with the Kings between 1988-89 and 1991-92 – he is now the General Manager of the Acadie-Bathurst Titans in the QMJHL.
• Couturier played for the Notre Dame Hounds in 2007-08, winning the Saskatchewan Midget AAA championship alongside Jaden Schwartz (14th overall by St. Louis in 2010) and Brandon Gormley (13th overall by Phoenix in 2010).
NHL team: Montreal Canadiens NHL player: Evgeni Malkin Shootout move: “One hand” Goal celebration: “Fist Pump” Video game: Mario Cart and NHL Movie: Slapshot Actor: Adam Sandler Website: RDS.ca Restaurant: East Side Mario’s Sport (other than hockey): Baseball and Football Breakfast food: Pancakes Superhero: Spiderman