• Known for his steady defensive play and rugged style, Lernout played in all 72 games in 2013-14, posting 22 points (8-14—22) and a plus-7 rating in his first full seasons with the Swift Current.
• Lernout played 20 games over two seasons with the Saskatoon Blades before he was acquired by the Broncos in 2012-13. He notched his first career Western Hockey League goal in Swift Current’s 3-0 win over the Prince Albert Raiders on Feb. 9, 2013.
• Lernout grew up playing on a backyard rink built by his father. He names his dad as the most influential person in his hockey career and recalls scoring his first WHL goal with his dad in attendance as his most memorable hockey moment.
• In 2011-12, Lernout racked up 35 points (8-27—35) in 44 games for the Winnipeg Wild. He added five points (1-4—5) in the playoffs to help the team capture the Midget AAA title. Lernout guarded the Wild blueline in front of netminder Ty Edmonds, the No. 18-ranked North American goaltender.
• Lernout grew up idolizing Chris Pronger’s tough playing style.
NHL team: Winnipeg Jets NHL player: Chris Pronger Shootout move: “Slap shot” Video game: NHL 14 Movie: The Other Guys TV show: Family Guy Actor: Jennifer Aniston Musician: Toby Keith Website: NHL.com Sport (other than hockey): Golf Athlete (non-hockey): Roger Federer
NHL GameCenter LIVE™ is now NHL.TV™.
Watch out-of-market games and replays with an all new redesigned media player, mobile and connected device apps.
Introducing the new official NHL App, available for iPhone, iPad and Android smartphones and tablets. A host of new features and improved functionality are available across all platforms, including a redesigned league-wide scoreboard, expanded news coverage, searchable video highlights, individual team experiences* and more. The new NHL App on your tablet also introduces new offerings such as 60fps video, Multitasking** and Picture-in-Picture.
*Available only for smartphones
** Available only for suported iPads