• Virtanen wrapped up his second full Western Hockey League season in 2013-14 with a team-best 45 goals, fifth most in the League. He ranked third on Calgary with 71 points and earned the Calgary Hitmen Three Star Award.
• He won gold with Canada at the 2013 Ivan Hlinka Memorial and bronze at the 2014 Under-18 World Championship in Finland, tying for the team lead with 3-3—6 in seven games. He was also a member of Team Pacific at the 2013 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge, registering 5-2—7 in five games.
• Virtanen had the highest overall grade from the on-ice testing that was performed at the CHL Top Prospects Game, placing first in the 30-meter forward sprint (3.92 seconds) and the 30-meter backward sprint (4.55 seconds).
• A power forward who models his game after Rick Nash of the New York Rangers: “We're kind of identical players. He likes to take the puck to the net. I think I'm a little more physical than that, I like to throw the body around."
• He has dual Canadian and Finnish citizenship -- his father’s native country is Finland.
NHL team: Vancouver Canucks NHL player: Jonathan Toews, Rick Nash Shootout move: “Backhand, forehand, shoot over pad” Goal celebration: “One leg, fist pump” Video game: Call of Duty Movie: Now You See Me TV show: Duck Dynasty Actor: Kevin Hart Music group: Florida Georgia Line Most played song: ‘Wake Me Up’ by Avicii Sport (other than hockey): Rugby, Lacrosse Athlete (non-hockey): Peyton Manning Twitter follow: @BizNasty2point0