• Dal Colle finished the 2013-14 regular season with 95 points (39-56—95) in 67 games to lead Oshawa to first place in the Eastern Conference. He followed it up with 20 points (8-12—20) in 12 postseason games helping the Generals advance to the Eastern Conference Final before being eliminated by the North Bay Battalion.
• He represented Canada at the 2013 Ivan Hlinka Memorial, finishing with 2-2—4 in five games, including the winning goal in a 4-0 victory over the U.S. in the gold-medal game. He also skated for Team Ontario at the 2013 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge, posting 2-4—6 in five games.
• Dal Colle was picked seventh overall in the 2012 OHL Priority Selection and earned OHL All-Rookie First-Team honors in 2012-13 after finishing fifth in rookie scoring with 48 points (15-33—48) in 63 games. He also recorded a plus-19 rating, third among first-year skaters.
• His role model is his autistic older brother, Jonluca, and his hero is his mom, Wendy, who seven years ago was diagnosed with breast cancer. His mom has been cleared and cancer-free since 2009.
• His favorite NHL player is Evgeni Malkin, but he aims to model his game after Eric Staal: “I think I play more of an Eric Staal-type of game, but I really like Malkin and the way he plays. He’s a good two-way player, but he’s good offensively.”
NHL team: Toronto Maple Leafs NHL player: Evgeni Malkin Goal celebration: “Fist pump, jump into glass” Video game: Call of Duty TV show: Criminal Minds Actor: Ben Stiller Musician: Katy Perry Most played song: ‘Drops of Jupiter’ by Train Website: NHL.com Sport (other than hockey): Football Athlete (non-hockey): Tom Brady