• In 2013-14, Lemieux finished tied for third on Barrie with 53 points (27-26—53) and led the club with 145 penalty minutes. He paced the Colts with seven goals (7-3—10) in 11 postseason games before the Colts were eliminated in the second round by North Bay.
• Brendan’s father is four-time Stanley Cup champion and 1995 Conn Smythe Trophy winner Claude Lemieux. Claude recorded 786 points (379-407—786) and 1,777 penalty minutes in 1,215 career regular-season games, adding 157 points (80-77—157) in 234 career playoff games with Montreal, New Jersey, Colorado, Phoenix, Dallas and San Jose.
• Lemieux was part of Canada’s gold-medal winning team at the 2013 Ivan Hlinka Memorial, scoring in the championship game versus the U.S. (1-1—2 in 5 tournament games).
• He scored the opening goal for Team Orr at the 2014 CHL Top Prospects Game at the Scotiabank Saddledome in Calgary, the same arena where his father won his first Stanley Cup with Montreal in 1986.
• Lemieux was named to the Greater Toronto Hockey League Minor Midget ‘AAA’ All-Star Game in 2011-12 after posting 32 points (9-23—32) in 26 games for the Toronto Red Wings.
• He wears No. 21 because that was his father’s number while playing junior hockey and he has also inherited the nickname “Pepe” from Claude. Brendan on his father’s influence: “He’s my dad, he’s my best friend. We’re always talking and working on what I can do better and what I can do to play at the next level.”
NHL team: San Jose Sharks NHL player: Ryan O’Reilly Shootout move: “The Forsberg” Video game: NHL 14 Movie: I Am Legend TV show: Suits Actor: Will Smith, Jessica Alba Musician: Ed Sheeran Sport (other than hockey): Golf Most played song: ‘In The Air Tonight’ by Phil Collins