• In 2012-13, Morrissey led Raiders defensemen in scoring and ranked 12th overall in the Western Hockey League with 47 points (15-32--47) in 70 games. He was named the 2013 Canadian Hockey League’s Scholastic Player of the Year.
• Representing Canada in his second consecutive Under-18 World Championship in 2013, he led all defensemen the tournament with seven points (3-4--7) and a plus-10 rating to help Canada win a gold medal. At the 2012 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament, Morrissey had a team-high eight assists en route to a gold medal for Canada.
• In his WHL debut in 2011-12, he posted 38 points (10-28--38) in 68 games to finish second overall in rookie defensemen scoring.
• Prior to being selected sixth overall in the 2010 WHL Bantam Draft, Morrissey had 21 goals (21-28--49) and 108 penalty minutes in 32 games for the Calgary Royals of the Alberta Major Bantam Hockey League. In 2010-11, he played 30 games at the Midget level for the Royals and recorded 17 goals (17-22--39) before joining Prince Albert for five games to close out the season.
• He attributes his vision on the ice to his father, Tom, a former quarterback at the University of Calgary.
• A Calgary Flames fan growing up, Morrissey played during a Flames intermission at the age of seven with his Springbank minor hockey team.
NHL team: Calgary Flames NHL players: Ryan Suter and Drew Doughty Shootout move: “The ‘Rick Nash’ – low blocker” Goal celebration: “Fist pump” Movie: Country Strong TV show: 24/7 Actor: Mark Wahlberg Musician: Drake Restaurant: Earls Superhero: Batman