• En route to winning the 2013 Memorial Cup, MacKinnon led the tournament in scoring with 13 points (7-6--13), including a hat trick in the championship game. He was selected as the tournament’s Most Valuable Player and named to the All-Star Team.
• MacKinnon recorded 75 points (32-43--75) in 44 games this season, including a team-leading seven game-winning goals. His 1.70 points per game in 2012-13 ranked fourth overall in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
• He represented Canada at the 2013 World Junior Championship in Ufa, Russia, as one of three draft-eligible players on the roster. MacKinnon won gold at the 2012 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament, tallying six goals in five games, including a hat trick in the gold-medal game against Finland.
• In 2011-12, his first season in the QMJHL, MacKinnon recorded 31 goals, 78 points and a +11 rating – his 47 assists also led all first-year QMJHL players. He finished second, to Mikhail Grigorenko (the 12th overall selection in the 2012 NHL Draft), in voting for the QMJHL Rookie of the Year award.
• MacKinnon hails from Cole Harbour, N.S., (population approx. 20,000), the same hometown as Pittsburgh Penguins captain Sidney Crosby. In 2008, he helped his Cole Harbour bantam team win the Atlantic AAA Championship.
• He recorded almost two points per game while attending Shattuck-St. Mary’s (2009-10 and 2010-11), posting 194 points (99-95--194) in 98 games over two seasons. Shattuck-St. Mary’s has produced 49 NHL Draft selections since Joe Corvo was taken 83rd overall in 1997 – the list of alumni includes Pittsburgh’s Sidney Crosby, Minnesota’s Zach Parise and Chicago’s Jonathan Toews.
Introducing the new official NHL App, available for iPhone, iPad and Android smartphones and tablets. A host of new features and improved functionality are available across all platforms, including a redesigned league-wide scoreboard, expanded news coverage, searchable video highlights, individual team experiences* and more. The new NHL App on your tablet also introduces new offerings such as 60fps video, Multitasking** and Picture-in-Picture.
*Available only for smartphones
** Available only for suported iPads