• Bowey ranked sixth among WHL defensemen with a plus-41 rating in 2012-13.
• His most memorable hockey moment was winning gold with Team Canada at the 2013 Under-18 World Championship. Bowey contributed four points (2-2--4) and led all Canadian skaters in average ice-time (21:03) during the tournament. He also won gold with Canada at the 2012 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament.
• A two-sport star growing up, Bowey also excelled in baseball. He pitched for Team Manitoba at the 2010 Under-15 Baseball Canada Championship.
• He credits his father, Will, who played professional hockey in Europe, as having the biggest influence on his career: “He taught me everything when I was younger and was always there to support me through my highs and lows.”
• Bowey is the latest in a tradition of strong defensemen developed by the Kelowna Rockets, including Shea Weber, Duncan Keith, Luke Schenn and Josh Gorges.
NHL team: Winnipeg Jets NHL player: Jarome Iginla Shootout move: “Fake shot, go backhand” Goal celebration: “Carpet sweep” Video game: NHL 13 Movies: Miracle, I Am Legend, Iron Man 3 TV shows: Prison Break, One Tree Hill, SportsCentre Music group: Mumford & Sons Website: YouTube
It's a tribute to him, and everything he's done and deserved is coming to fruition tonight with his jersey in the rafters. He's going to be a first-ballot Hall of Famer. And I said today, if he's not, take my stuff out. If he doesn't deserve to be in there first ballot, no one does. Except for (Wayne) Gretzky, I guess.
— Hockey Hall of Fame member Brett Hull on former teammate Mike Modano, whose No. 9 was retired by the Dallas Stars on Saturday